This is something that has always been hard for me. I tend to see things negatively when it comes to myself. So I thought I would challenge myself. In doing so I am also challenging you. Yes YOU!! The readers of my blog. I want you to write 10 positive things about you that have nothing to do with any of your mental health issues. Post them on your blog and link the link in the comments. If you are not comfortable writing a blog post and linking it, you can write the 10 things in my comments section on this post.
I am looking forward to reading them.
10 positive things about me that have nothing to do with my mental health issues.
1. I am a Wife, and Mother. I have 3 wonderful children and a wonderful supportive husband. They mean the world to me. They are my biggest accomplishment.
2. I actually like my writing. I write what I feel, I write it as I would say it. My spaces and pauses and commas just in the right spots for me. Right where I need them to be. This is my style, and I love it. Some day I would love to publish. It is one of my goals in life.
3. I love animals. We have a dog and a cat and they are like having two extra children for us. Albeit furry and four legged.
4. I have 2 bucket lists. One is a yearly one, things I want to do this year. The other is a lifetime one. Things that I would like to do in my life time, before I “kick the bucket”.
5. I have won several awards for public speaking and volunteerism.
6. I love to run. I am a big girl. But running calms me, I love to do it. I would love to have a treadmill so I can run. (currently I am not confident enough to run outside.)
7. I love to read. I have more books on my ‘to read list’ then I can possibly read.
8. When I am involved in an activity or project I am very, very, passionate about it.
9. This is kinda positive sad – But my Dad died when I was 13. On my wedding day, just as I got inside the church the heavens opened up in a pouring rain, it rained the entire service and stopped once we were married. This makes the song “Holes in the Floor of Heaven” so real for me. I believe without a doubt my Dad was there, watching over us as we said our vows.
10. I am currently obsessed with music by P!nk – I find her very empowering.